We are very excited to announce that the University of Louisiana at Lafayette will host its third THATCamp on Saturday, March 25, 2017 from 9:00AM to 5:00PM on the main campus.
In 2017, we will focus on Digital Storytelling, the practice of using computer-based tools to tell stories. We will explore its defining features, products, and various uses, emphasizing how digital tools have changed how people tell, listen, read, share, and preserve stories. The discussion may include – but are not limited to – topics such as:
- Oral history
- Mapping tools and storytelling
- Preserving stories (archives and storytelling)
- Social media, sharing stories
- Web-based stories
- Digital Apps
- Digital storytelling and cultural institutions (museums, libraries…)
- Uses in education (teaching through digital storytelling)
- Community projects
- Emotions and storytelling
- Economy, marketing, tourism
- Materials needed for the creation of storytelling
This blog will cover any updates or relevant information leading up to and following the event. Be sure to check back on us as more gears are put into motion. Until then, go to THATcamp.org or send you questions to ude.a1521524682naisi1521524682uol@n1521524682ivuac1521524682. See you in March!